Now here are some frequently asked questions about the Windows 10 upgrade:
Can I upgrade to Windows 10 myself?
- For consumers, the Windows 10 upgrade is easy. Make sure you have the latest windows update completed or else you could run into windows driver issues or other problems. Do a back-up of your computer!
- For business users, please check business application compatibility and computer specifications before upgrading to Windows 10. Many applications are not yet ready and so an upgrade process is necessary to keep these applications running.
We highly recommend every business should consult an IT company before upgrading to avoid unnecessary downtime.
How about reverting back to Windows 7 option?
- If you have run into issues by upgrading to Windows 10 you may need to revert back to your previous version of Windows. It is not an easy process and not a good idea to revert back using the option provided by Microsoft. We have seen automated processes causing multiple issues with the applications and may also result in data loss. We recommend you getting an IT company to fix any issues.
What if Windows 10 is upgraded automatically?
- It's advisable to get an IT company to fix the issues caused by Windows 10 rather than downgrading back and inviting more trouble.
Can we revert back and the repercussions of reverting back automatically?
- Reverting back is possible but not recommended. The repercussions could be such as services stop working, printers and drivers might cause issues, Windows can get corrupted but it all depends on the machine and software that was on the machine.
Can we block Windows 10 upgrade?
- Yes, multiple fixes needs to be applied to block Windows 10 upgrade. We advise you to contact us or your IT company to apply these fixes. It takes around 30 minutes to apply the fixes to block automatic upgrade.
Indication of time required to upgrade to Windows 10
- Upgrade to Windows 10 will take around 2 to 3 hours. It's necessary to take a full back of the system before upgrading your computer to avoid data loss.
How much time it takes to revert back?
- Reverting back takes approximately the same amount of time. So we therefore suggest you may as well stay with Windows 10 and fix any issues caused by the upgrade.