YOUR BEST TECHNOLOGY PARTNERJuly 21, 2017
5 SIGNS YOUR HARD DRIVE LIFETIME IS ENDING & WHAT TO DOJuly 21, 2017
When it comes to storing data, cloud storage is quickly becoming the method of choice. Storing files remotely rather than locally boasts an array of advantages for both home and professional users. Not sure what cloud storage can do for you?
- Cost – Backing up your data isn’t always cheap, think of the external hard drives or backup tapes. Additionally, there is the cost of the time it takes to manually complete routine backups. Online storage services reduce much of the cost associated with traditional backup methods, providing ample storage space in the cloud for a low monthly fee.
- Security – Storing confidential or sensitive information in the cloud is often more secure than storing it locally, especially for businesses. With online storage services, data is encrypted both during transmission and while at rest, ensuring no unauthorized users can access the files.
- Files on the go – Nearly everyone has a smartphone and/or a tablet. Business-grade file sync enables users to sync their work and corporate files from their main work PC to remote computers and mobile devices. Users can now confidently go in the field on meetings, or a short business trip and leave the laptop at the office since all of their critical files are at their fingertips. With all files in sync, users can open, view, email, and share files from their mobile device. With the right apps on their mobile devices, users can even edit conventional productivity files, like MS Word or Excel, on the go.
- Syncing –Syncing ensures your files are automatically updated across all of your devices. This way, the latest version of a file you saved on your desktop is available on your smartphone.
- Sending Large Files – Email is the wrong method to share large files since email servers often have file size limitations. Cloud sync solutions enable users to share files with links pointing to files and folders stored in the cloud. This approach vastly simplifies life for users and makes sending large files fast and easy.
- Secured Collaboration – Online storage services are also ideal for collaboration purposes. They allow multiple people to edit and collaborate on a single file or document. You don’t have to worry about tracking the latest version or who has made what changes.
- Protection – Cloud storage serves as an added layer of data protection for your precious and irreplaceable files. Backups are kept in a secure location that is physically removed from the originals.
- Be ready when disaster strikes – In the event of catastrophic data loss, you’ll have backups of all your original files so you can restore them with zero downtime.
No matter what your storage needs may be, cloud storage through an online backup service provides multiple of advantages for storing both your home and professional files.
Sourced from: http://online-storage-service-review.toptenreviews.com/top-ten-advantages-of-using-online-storage-services.html